Gambling and playing the odds have been around since ancient times. People have been gambling for thousands of years from ancient China to Mesopotamia to the edges of Europe. Rolling the dice and winning was regarded as the will of the gods. Dice could make one a boatload of money, bestow lands, and settle disputes. There will always be people who enjoy betting on sports. Wagering on the results of athletic events is normal for people. Betting is a normal part of games. People may have different motives for placing bets on sports, yet they all love sports. They are not as worried about the financial reward as they are about the rivalry. Betting is their way to involve themselves in the game. Wagering is easier than ever due to the latest smartphones and online betting apps. People don’t have to go to the local shop anymore. A significant number of applications were made available to punters (a person who gambles). But, not all mobile betting apps are the same. It’s far from easy to find a good one. This article talks about the essential features you should look for in a mobile betting app.
Top Features a Betting App should have
- Best Odds: There is nothing more crucial when it comes to wagering than the odds. A gambling app is supposed to offer you the best odds. The software should also give you statistics. If you want to bet on the result of sporting events, consider an app that revolves around the odds.
- Security: You need to have a guarantee that your money and personal information are secured. In other words, you need a gambling app that can provide you with security from hackers. You want to be able to place bets without thinking about the protection of your details. Only install software from bookmakers that is dedicated to their service.
- Live Betting: A betting app should give you the opportunity of betting live. If an app can’t do that, it isn’t worth it. You should be able to put a wager on the team you want, regardless of whether the game has started. You also get the best odds if you bet live. The odds change as the match progresses. You can win more money if you bet in real-time.
- Access to Account details: It’s easy to open an account. You can download the app from the internet, install it on your phone, and press “Create an account.” You might want to change your account details at some point. You may not want to use the same email address, or you may have changed your phone number. You should have full access to your account details through a betting app. Changing your email or phone number should also be possible.
- Player Information: Detailed information about each player, for different sports in various matches played by the player, needs to be mentioned. This helps the users to recognize the players’ previous performances and bet on the present game.
From land-based operations to the launch of the first online casino in 1994, the gambling industry has come a long way. Gambling has evolved into an online leisure activity that can be played from any device anywhere in the world at any time. Without substantial disruption and innovation in the gaming industry, it could not have been possible to make gambling and betting experience more exciting. These advances in technology have a tremendously positive effect not only on the lives of the players but also on the credibility and status of the entire industry.
We are currently witnessing the rise of cryptocurrencies, a similar tech phenomenon between the gaming and gambling markets, and social networking dynamics. In their own way, these technical developments have great potential to shape the future of online gambling.
Future Trends in Online Gambling
- Crypto Gambling: It is not possible to talk about the future of online gambling without addressing the entry of cryptocurrency into the iGaming market. From the invention of Bitcoin in 2008, several other cryptocurrencies have also emerged. Slowly, they can establish themselves as great alternatives to traditional cashless payment methods for both iGaming operators and players.
- Virtual Reality Technology: Virtual Reality (VR) technology, is trying to reach the iGaming market to make gambling more exciting and entertaining. Thanks to various VR headsets like Sony PlayStation VR and Samsung Gear VR, it is now possible for gamers to step into a digital casino or a sports event. This can enable them to engage in an interactive gambling experience. Compared to its video / PC gaming counterpart, the current VR gambling technology is not yet above-par. However, it is gradually gaining momentum to snatch the heart of millennials.
- Social Gambling: It is noticeable that social gambling is becoming a hot topic in the media since a lot of operators are switching from traditional iGaming services to social gambling apps. Social gambling allows players to play against their friends, generating a viral impact that can quickly build the game’s user base.
- Wearable Gadgets: Making a wearable gadget-friendly app is an excellent upgrade for this era in the iGaming sector. The concept was first introduced by Microgaming in 2014 when they unveiled a casino app that allows users to use a smartwatch to play jackpot. Later, other well-known companies such as Ladbrokes, Playtech and Unilad have also joined the race in developing gambling and betting apps for different kinds of smartwatches.
- Games based on skills: While most online players enjoy spinning slots or trying their luck on instant winning games like those on Fortune Frenzy, there’s no denying that they don’t need skill or strategy; it’s all luck-based. Operators should start introducing more skill-based games not only to offer variety but also as a way to satisfy those who like to bring skills and strategy into their games. With games like these, players will feel more in control and like they are actually playing a game, rather than clicking that spin button mindlessly.